Welcome to AIDS Society of India
Welcome to the official website of AIDS Society of India (ASI)
AIDS Society of India (ASI) is a non-profit organization whose activities are established in India and its services are extended irrespective of caste, creed or religion. ASI was primarily founded to bring medical doctors, researchers in HIV/AIDS under one umbrella of the AIDS Society of India.
Some of the primary objectives of ASI have been defined below:
- To bring medical doctors, researchers in HIV/AIDS under one umbrella of the AIDS society of India. This society will be a non-profit organization whose activities will be limited to India and its functions will be extended irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
- To promote and disseminate clinically oriented medical teaching and coordinated medical management of HIV disease.
- To provide training in research methodology and in principles of bio ethics.
- To collaborate with internationally recognized scientists in HIV/ AIDS and to strengthen the national capacity building and work towards the technology transfer wherever possible.
- To work as a national nodal agency to complement Governmental agencies, statutory bodies and international agencies.
- To monitor the national and international collaborative programmes and to safeguard good clinical practice.
- To make the community a0ware that the HIV infected individuals have a right to continue to be members of the contemporary society and work towards removal of deep-seated prejudices.
- To interact with members of the ethical committees, scientific review committees and data monitoring authorities of institutions where HIV/ AIDS research is undertaken.
- In matters of unsubstantiated claims by qualified or unqualified persons / organizations, the society shall:
- Insist and encourage scientific evaluation
- If found primarily suitable, will recommend clinical trials
- Educate community on false claims
- To organise National Conference of ASI annually and to publish a newsletter/journal of ASI
Dr Ishwar Gilada